Facing Life's Obstacles Part 2: Facing Our Failures
Charles F. Stanley
Scripture: Joshua 7:1-10
Supporting Scripture: Joshua 1:3-8; Joshua 7:10-13.
- We fail when we don't consult God for our plan.
- Godly people with the right motivation will often fail.
- The failure of one person can often bring harmful results to many people.
- The counsel of others is never a wise substitute for God's counsel.
- Past blessings do not guarantee tomorrow's blessings.
- Daily meditation and prayer are essential in avoiding failure.
- Principles for facing failure:
- Never give God the blame for failure.
- First look within rather than without.
- Discover the will of God and correct your action.
- Never reinterpret the will of God.
- Prayer is not a substitute for action.
- Failure is a time for faith rather than fear.