The God of All Comfort
Charles F. Stanley
Scripture: 2 Corinthians 1:3-11
God is called by many names. But one of the most comprehensive of all of those names is the one He identified Himself with as He spoke to Moses: "You tell them the I Am has sent you. I am the Creator. I am the Redeemer. I am the Savior. I am the Lord. I am the light. I am the water. I am the bread. I am the door. I am the way. I am the life. I am, I am, I am." The Great I Am.
When we struggle and want to give up, God does not participate in pity parties. Instead, He will magnify himself, when we allow Him to, and helps us through our difficulties as the God of all comfort.
"God of all comfort" is a name that reveals:
- The very nature of God
- He cares for us in the midst of our hardships.
- He stands by us and encourages us.
- Psalm 23
- Isa. 40:1; Isa. 49:13; Isa. 51:12; Isa. 52:9; Isa. 66:13
- The very work of God
- To comfort us is His character—His ministry
- Jesus said He would give us rest.
- Jesus said He would send a Comforter to be with us always.
- Christ's works were comforting.
- To understand and receive comfort, we must value the Truth enough to learn it by:
- Attending church
- Reading the Word
- The power of God
- God is sufficient no matter what the problem.
- GOD IS ENOUGH.
He comforts us for two reasons:
- To help us with afflictions.
- So we will help others in their afflictions.We can identify with them and then be willing to share the truth about God.