Digital Communications Writer-Editor
Submit Your Resume
In Touch Ministries is looking for a skilled writer and editor in our Digital Communications team. You’ll join an exciting and innovative team that is responsible for the content and voice of various digital channels of the ministry of Dr. Charles Stanley. This position must be comfortable with writing short-form pieces and alternating between writer and editor for various projects. Reports to the Digital Director.
Education & Experience:
- 2+ years writing experiencing in advertising, marketing, social media, or other digital channels
- Knowledge of project management tools (Basecamp, Slack, Office 365) a plus
- Knowledge of file management best practices a plus
- Familiarity with digital/web editorial standards and best practices preferred
- Familiarity with AP Style
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, or related field
- Write/edit advertising headlines and body copy to promote In Touch products, materials, initiatives; copy for online store and on-package descriptions; and additional promotional and marketing opportunities as they arise.
- Verify facts, data, dates, and statistics for accuracy (fact checking).
- Write/Edit email campaigns.
- Write/Edit for social media.
- Curate and update existing content for various channels.
- Live a Healthy Life: You believe a balanced life is essential for putting forth your best effort.
- Insist on Excellence: You know your stuff, and you love it, too:
- familiarity with and affinity for digital platforms (social, websites, email, emerging technology);
- excellent communication skills (grammar snobs welcome!)
- Seek Unity: We’re a tight-knit team and are looking for someone who fits in well but also brings their own unique qualities to the table. New perspectives and ideas are encouraged, and we’re always working to find the right balance of diversity and unity.
- Thrive on the Mission: We often say this isn’t a job, it’s a calling. The ideal candidate is “bought in” to the mission of Dr. Charles Stanley and this ministry: leading people worldwide into a growing relationship with Jesus and strengthening the local church.
- Exhibit Flexibility: Sometimes, things change. In the world of digital communications, we are constantly innovating, experimenting, and following the guidance of the Holy Spirit. The ability to work at the speed of change is a must.
- Nurture Positivity - Honesty, courtesy, integrity. You’re quick to listen to others, and you approach problems by asking questions instead of making demands.
In Touch Ministries – In Touch Ministries is an Evangelistic Christian Ministry
To apply, please submit your resume AND a cover letter to include your testimony (how you came to know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior) to: email@example.com.
Please ensure the position you are applying for is in the subject field.