Marketing and Development Copy Writer
Submit Your Resume
Serves as a writer for In Touch Ministries, the broadcast ministry of Dr. Charles Stanley. Must be comfortable writing short- and long-form pieces as well as marketing & promotional materials for print and digital. Understands Dr. Charles Stanley’s worldview and ensures it is present as applicable.
3-5 years of writing experience in advertising/marketing or ministry fields.
Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, or a writing-related field.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (included but not limited to the following):
- Write advertising headlines and body copy to promote In Touch products and materials; copy for online store and on-package descriptions; and additional promotional and marketing opportunities as they arise.
- Write copy for regularly-scheduled and special event Development mailings and web pieces.
- Consult with the AP Stylebook and In Touch Ministries Writer’s Style Guide as needed.
- Verify facts, data, dates, and statistics for accuracy (fact checking).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive, collaborative team spirit; able to honor group commitments to goals and objectives; and adaptable to change in work environment.
- General Communication Skills – Must communicate clearly and respectfully within and between teams working towards common goals and initiatives; be a strongly motivated self-starter; and able to multi-task on projects touching multiple internal departments and external audiences.
- Written Communication Skills – Must write clearly and informatively using correct grammar and punctuation; consult multiple style manuals to maintain consistency within projects; and read and interpret written information.
- Problem Solving & Organization – Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; prioritize effectively; and meet productivity standards, completing work in an efficient and timely manner.
- All employees are to exhibit spiritual maturity working as part of In Touch Ministries team
- Must display original thinking and creativity
- Must have in-depth knowledge of Word and Excel (Outlook or Slack a plus).
In Touch Ministries – In Touch Ministries is an Evangelistic Christian Ministry
To apply, please submit your resume AND a cover letter to include your testimony (how you came to know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior) to: email@example.com.
Please ensure the position you are applying for is in the subject field.