The Power of a Discerning Spirit - Part 1
Oftentimes, when life lacks clarity, we get lost. We can’t distinguish between good and evil, truth and fiction, or an outburst of anger and a cry for help. How do we find our way when things seem so confusing?
What we need is a discerning spirit. Without it, we make unwise choices and miss out on opportunities for blessings. In this message, Dr. Stanley explains why we need spiritual discernment and how we can develop it. He shares how to:
- understand truthfully what God is saying to you.
- separate truth and error.
- avoid being deceived by sin.
- differentiate between what’s good and what’s best.
- distinguish between legalism and liberty.
- recognize when God’s speaking to you.
- give godly counsel.
Discernment is a gift of God and is something we should pray for daily. But we don’t have to sit around waiting for it to appear. We can seek clarity by reading God’s Word and learning from those who teach sound biblical principles. Also, we can learn from our own experiences as well as the life lessons of others.
You don’t have to go through life in a fog. Discover the peace and clarity that comes with developing a discerning spirit.